Monday, January 24, 2011

Tron and Wikileaks

The parallel I found between Tron and Wikileaks is the idea of a few high powers withholding the truth from the large majority. The film also expresses the idea that these truths can be uncovered by a few among that majority. Tron and the User for example are equivalent Julian Assange and Bradley Manning. Tron has the information, the User has the power; Bradley Manning has the information, Julian Assange has the power to expose it.

My Interests Stand with the Truth

I've been gathering information on the psychological effects of solitary confinement; the type of imprisonment that Bradley Manning, the Whistleblower who leaked highly classified information to WikiLeaks, is currently under. I'm interested in how it is affecting his mental state because I believe it could be a Government scheme to get Manning to turn on Julian Assange by brainwashing him to testify against Assange. This intrigues me because it is an example of the extreme measures government goes to in order to hide certain information and proposes the larger question of WHY?

I'm also interested in how further "Wiki" leaks of confidential documents and whatnot will change our politics and shape our civilization in the decades to come.

WikiLeaks tells me that while Digital Media is very much in government control, there is another side of it that is slipping away from this manipulation...and I like it. Keep the truth coming, for the truth shall set you free...

No comments:

Post a Comment