Saturday, January 15, 2011
Gathering
Currently my method for gathering consists of google and the library. I'm pretty content with these tools for collecting information. However, in the process of gathering, I found that I could take a different approach to my researching. For instance, after taking a peek at a few of the links, I realized that searching doesn't have to be about finding this one particular thing that I type into the engine. In fact, it's better to use searching as a tool for discovery and that means I have to go about searching without assuming that I know what I'm looking for, but rather with a general idea or topic. Subject directories could be a useful addition to gathering information as well. Gathering entails properly being able to cite your web sources, so I guess that's another skill that I could add on to my current experience with Step two of the DMA process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment